Sasol TurboDieselTM is a fully-refined, middle distillate, hydrocarbon fuel formulated for optimum performance under the South African conditions. It can be fully synthetic or crude-oil derived.
It is intended for use in:
- In high-speed, compression-ignition diesel engines of all sizes and applications
- As a heating fuel in atomising burners
- As an environmentally friendly locomotive diesel fuel underground in mines
It is a SABS Mark bearing product complying with SABS 342
Features and Benefits
Sasol TurboDieselTM offers the following benefits:
- A high cetane number to minimise ignition delay and thus eliminate engine knock.
- Cleaner combustion due to its mainly paraffinic composition.
- Ease of starting and rapid warm-up of cold engines.
- Adequate lubrication of rotary and in-line diesel injector pumps.
- Seasonal adjustment of product properties to prevent blockage of in-line filters due to wax crystallisation under low temperature conditions.
REMARKS: The production technology of Sasol TurboDieselTM is based on the internationally known Sasol process. It is also supported by one of the most modern fuel research facilities in the world, situated in Sasolburg.
|Density @ 20°C||kg/m3||800 to 850|
|90% Volume Recovery||°C||330 to 362*|
|Cetane Number||45 to 52*|
|Flash Point (PMCC)||°C||55 to 70|
|Cold Filter Plugging Point:||°C|
|In Summer||0 to –2|
|In Winter||-7 to –12|
|Viscosity @ 40°C||Mm2/s||2,2 to 3,3*|
|Sulphur Content||% m/m||0 to 0,05*|
* Depending on the production source