Downstream activities generally refer to the marketing and distribution of petroleum products. We are actively involved in sourcing and selling as well as the distribution of petroleum products.
Our downstream strategy is to establish and secure strategically located fuels and lubricants distribution networks, as well as sales infrastructure to boost the company’s brand and provide world-class services to you, our valued customers and business partners.
We are duly committed to not only penetrate, but also grow the Commercial (B2B) and Retail fuels and Lubricants markets, in all profitable sectors, as well as to explore the export markets in the SADC region. For more information, kindly contact the Business Development Coordinator.
About NAMCOR Commercial Business:
NAMCOR proudly supplies petroleum products that consistently meet our promise of quality and performance. We are committed to ensuring responsible management of the Safety, Security, Health, and Environmental impacts of petroleum products over their life cycle and across the supply chain. We are duly committed to penetrating and growing the Commercial (B2B) sectors within Namibia and exploring the export markets in the SADC region. We uncompromisingly focus on adding value to our customers’ businesses by meeting their needs through tailoring our energy solutions.
NAMCOR Commercial Business currently supplies customers within the below sectors:
- Business to Business
We are suppliers of Fuels and Lubricants to our Namibian customers, including one of the biggest Uranium mining companies in Namibia. We have built strong capabilities to meet the needs of our customers. One of our key success factors is our passion to work in close collaboration with our customers, ensuring that we clearly understand their needs and always keenly working towards delivering tangible value to their businesses. We work through a team that shares many years of experience in the oil and gas industry.
At NAMCOR we work as an integrated team to ensure that every employee understands their contribution to the value and success of our customer businesses.
We commit to:
- Understanding the business of our customers
- Ensure uninterrupted supply of quality products
- Quick response to queries
- Ensure high SSHEQ standards at every step of the way
- Provision of technical support
We are a strong supplier of fuels and related products to local and international bunkers. By utilizing the competitive advantage of having an adequate fuel storage facility and a jetty:
- NAMCOR can perform onshore MGO and VLSFO bunkers ex-pipeline in port and tanker jetty.
- We are able to supply product ex-truck in port and to privately owned jetties.
- We are the sole importer and supplier of VLSFO in Namibia thus giving us a competitive advantage.
- We have a proven track record of supplying products to our customers, safely and timeously.
Business to Business
NAMCOR is a reputable supplier of fuels and lubricants to a growing B2B customer base which includes bulk deliveries to customers’ own home base storage facilities combined with customers’ own collection. Our customer base includes government institutions, transport, road construction, and other oil companies.
NAMCOR has established a strong export market within the SADC region supplying ADO 50 PPM and ULP 95. We have strategically located depots in Gobabis, Otjiwarongo and the Walvis Bay terminal.
NAMCOR has a 5 million litre storage tank at our Walvis Bay National Oil Storage Facility. We operate our facility based on the Joint Inspection Group (JIG) standards.
- Security of Supply through the National Oil Storage Facility (NOSF).
- Asset Management through on-site asset investment and management.
- Provision of Technical Support and guidance on all petroleum products.
- Customer Account Options giving customers the choice between cash and credit trading.
- Credit Solution as per customer request in line with our Credit Policy.
- Product Quality meeting the international and regulatory requirements and technical specifications.
- Dedicated Salesforce with many years of experience in the oil and gas industry, focusing and understanding customer needs and providing mutually beneficial solutions.
In 2018 NAMCOR adopted an aggressive Retail Network strategy which has enabled the company to identify opportunities to enter the Retail space in various preferred market areas around Namibia. To date, there are 11 operating NAMCOR Retail sites with several other projects at different stages of construction. We are proud to be of service to our customers in those locations where we operate, and we are driven by the passion to elevate a truly Namibian brand.
Most NAMCOR sites are conveniently located along the B1 National Road and in residential areas to serve the needs of long-distance travelers and neighborhoods. Our Deli Express convenience shops offer a wide choice of cuisine to customers from all walks of life. Wi-Fi and sedentary facilities come as standard offers for the convenience of our customers. Furthermore, our Deli Express convenience shops, with their modern design and layout, provide our customers with generous shopping space and an array of refreshments and grocery products.
Our Lubricants are produced and packed under the NAMCOR brand. We focus on five major applications in the downstream market for our NAMCOR branded lubes namely;
- Engine Oils,
- Gearbox/Transmission Oils,
- Hydraulic Oils,
- Differential and Multipurpose Gear Oils
- Compressor Oils
We offer world-class lubricants for sale in the downstream market. We currently supply one of the major mining companies with a wide range of NAMCOR Lubricants. NAMCOR branded lubricants are OEM (Original Equipment Manufacturer) approved hence providing quality assurance to our customers.