Sasol White Oil 15 & 68 are tasteless, odourless, water-white oils, specially refined and treated to reduce their polycyclic aromatic content to vanishingly low levels.
Sasol White Oil 15 & 68 can be used for all applications where pharmaceutical or technical grade white oils are required.
Features and Benefits
Sasol White Oil 15 & 68 can also be used as:
- Plasticisers and/or extenders for certain polymers and elastomers
- Lubricants for food processing machinery
- Base oils in the manufacture of explosives
- Lubricants for submersible pumps
Although more highly refined than required for technical white oils, Sasol White Oil 15 & 68 may be used as lubricants in oil-flooded sulphur dioxide refrigerant compressors.
- British Pharmacopoeia Liquid Paraffin
- German Pharmacopoeia DAB 9 Paraffin, Liquid
- Government Gazette 1856 & 5406 (R230)
- Sasol S226 & S170
- U.S. Federal Drugs Administration CFR
- 172.878 & CFR 178.3620 (A)
- U.S. Pharmacopoeia Light Mineral Oil
|Flash Point (COC)||°C||172||235||D92||36|
|Density @ 20°C||kg/m3||853||866||D4052||365|
Storage and Handling
- Use PVC, nitrile or other oil resistant gloves and protective clothing to prevent skin contact.
- Where eye contact is a potential hazard, goggles should be worn.
- Avoid temperatures above 80°C and strong oxidizing agents.
- Ambient temperatures and atmospheric pressures normally encountered within buildings or roofed-over outdoor storage areas are acceptable.
- Avoid entering areas where mists or vapours have built up as a result of abnormal temperatures or pressures without the proper breathing equipment and protective clothing.