Sasol Syn Gear (PAO) EP 220 & 320 oils are synthetic high performance oils particularly suited to gear applications requiring micro-pitting resistance.
These products are formulated with polyalphaolefins (PAO) base stocks in order to provide performance greatly superior to conventional petroleum oils. The molecular structure of PAO resembles that of high quality petroleum oils. Indeed, PAO fluids are fully compatible with petroleum base oils while offering significantly improved load carrying ability, excellent wear and rust protection, high viscosity index, high flash point, low pour point, outstanding oxidative stability, and cleaner running systems.
Sasol Syn Gear (PAO) EP 220 & 320 are particularly suited to gear applications operating under extreme service conditions. The products are recommended for all types of enclosed gear drives, bearings (including plain rolling elements and anti-friction types. In addition, applications requiring high micro-pitting resistance such as in Wind Turbine Gear Systems.
Features and Benefits
The specific formulation of Sasol Syn Gear (PAO) EP 220 & 320 oils ensures:
- Excellent oxidation and thermal stability
- High operating temperature range
- Lower maintenance costs
- Excellent load carrying ability
- Extended lubricant life
- Improved cleanliness
- Compatible with most paints, gaskets, and seals used with conventional petroleum based oils
- Compatible with petroleum oils, therefore allowing minimal effort to changeover
- ANSI/AGMA 9005(table 3)
- Cincinnati Machine P-35(ISO 460) and P-59 (320)
- David Brown S1.53.101
- DIN 51.517 Part 3
- Flenders GmbH as a High Micro Pitting Resistant Lubricant
- Sasol Syn gear 220 is approved P-74 by Cincinnati Machine(CM-P)
|Flash Point (COC)||°C||264||260||D92||36|
|Density @ 15°C||Kg/m3||899||899||D4052||365|
|Load Carrying Capacity (FZG)||Stage||12||12||DIN 51354||334|
Storage and Handling
- Use PVC, nitrile or other oil resistant gloves and protective clothing to prevent skin contact.
- Where eye contact is a potential hazard, goggles should be worn.
- Avoid temperatures above 80°C and strong oxidizing agents.
- Ambient temperatures and atmospheric pressures normally encountered within buildings or roofed-over outdoor storage areas are acceptable.
- Avoid entering areas where mists or vapours have built up as a result of abnormal temperatures or pressures without the proper breathing equipment and protective clothing.
|Grades||Product Code||Pack Size|