Sasol Syn Gear (PAG) 150 is a high performance Polyalkylene glycol (PAG) synthetic based fluid designed for use in gas compression applications that require wide operating temperature range.
Sasol Syn Gear (PAG) 150 finds its applications in lubrication of flooded rotary screw, vane-type and reciprocating (and cylinder) compressors processing natural gas, carbon dioxide, or other hydrocarbon gases are particularly suited to worm gear applications
Features and Benefits
Sasol Syn Gear (PAG) 150 has the following benefits:
- Resists wash off by hydrocarbon gases and liquids
- Resists absorption into the gas phase and carry-over of the lubricant downstream
- Minimizes dilution effects due to insolubility of the lubricant with hydrocarbons
- Higher film-strength that traditional lubricants
- Protects against corrosion
- Fully compatible with most compressor component materials, including: seals, gaskets, hoses, etc.
- The product is compatible and recommended for use with Acetone, Alcohol, Asbestos, Butyl Dioxtol, Chlorinated Solvents, Glycol Ether, Neoprene, Epoxy Paint, Silicone Rubber, Toluene, Torlon (AMOCO), Vespal (DuPont), and Viton (DuPont).
- Compatibility is questionable with Ethylene Glycol, Triethanolamine, and Water.
- The product is not recommended for use with Gasoline, Glycerol, Heptane, Kerosene, Leather, Methanol, and Oil-based paint.
|Flash Point (COC)||°C||225||D92||36|
|Density @ 15°C||Kg/m3||1.052||D4052||365|
Storage and Handling
- Use PVC, nitrile or other oil resistant gloves and protective clothing to prevent skin contact.
- Where eye contact is a potential hazard, goggles should be worn.
- Avoid temperatures above 80°C and strong oxidizing agents.
- Ambient temperatures and atmospheric pressures normally encountered within buildings or roofed-over outdoor storage areas are acceptable.
- Avoid entering areas where mists or vapours have built up as a result of abnormal temperatures or pressures without the proper breathing equipment and protective clothing.
|Grades||Product Code||Pack Size|