Sasol Torque Fluid ranges are multipurpose gear and transmission oils with viscosities equivalent to those of SAE 10W, 30, 50 & 60 engine oils. They can be used in many drive train applications
and are specially formulated for good:
- Chatter suppression
- Low temperature performance
- Anti-foam properties
Sasol Torque Fluid 10W, 30, 50 & 60 can be used for the following applications where these grades are specified:
- Hydraulic systems
- Heavy duty drive train and hydraulic systems
- Torque converters
- Gear units of certain commercial and construction vehicles
Features and Benefits
Sasol Torque Fluid 10W, 30, 50 & 60 can serve as replacements for all oils, other than engine oil, used in Caterpillar and Komatsu earthmoving equipment. They are specifically formulated to meet Caterpillar's TO-4 specification for transmission/drive train oils (TDTO). Sasol Torque Fluid 10W, 30, 50 & 60 meet the API CF requirements
The viscosity grade of Sasol Torque Fluid 50 and 60 are recommended for South African ambient conditions or similar harsh operating environments.
- Allison C-3 & C-4
- API CF & CF-2*
- Caterpillar TO-4
- Sperry Vickers M-2950-S
- ZF TE-ML-03 & 04* (both)
*Applicable to Sasol Torque Fluid 30 only.
|Flash Point (COC)||°C||210||240||260||260||D92||36|
|Density @ 20°C||kg/m3||897||897||897||900||D4052||365|
Storage and Handling
- Use PVC, nitrile or other oil resistant gloves and protective clothing to prevent skin contact.
- Where eye contact is a potential hazard, goggles should be worn.
- Avoid temperatures above 80°C and strong oxidizing agents.
- Ambient temperatures and atmospheric pressures normally encountered within buildings or roofed-over outdoor storage areas are acceptable.
- Avoid entering areas where mists or vapours have built up as a result of abnormal temperatures or pressures without the proper breathing equipment and protective clothing.