Sasol Engine Oil Marine BN 30 40 & 50 40 are premium grade, high TBN marine oils for highly rated medium speed four-cycle diesel engines used in marine propulsion and power generation operating on residual fuels. Sasol Engine Oil Marine BN 30 40 & 50 40 are blended from high quality paraffinic base oils and the latest additives.
Sasol Engine Oil Marine BN 30 40 & 50 40 are intended for the lubrication of main and auxillary medium speed trunck-piston engines burning residual fuels with up to 3 % sulphur. They are also suitable for the lubrication of geared transmissions, variable pitch propellers and oil cooled stern tubes industrial stationary diesel engines for the lubrication of the reduction gears of ship engines and some on board equipment and machinery without any special lubricant demands.
Features and Benefits
Sasol Engine Oil BN 30 40 & 50 40 has the following features and benefits:
- Excellent dispersancy and detergency to reduce deposit formation
- Outstanding rust and corrosion protection properties
- Good residual fuel compatibility
- Very good water tolerance and extended TBN retention to protect against acidic corrosive wear
|Property||Units||BN 30||BN 50||ASTM||IP|
|Density @ 20°C||kg/m³||893||893||D4052||365|
|Total Base Number||mgKOH/g||30||50||D2896||276|
Storage and Handling
- Use PVC, nitrile or other oil resistant gloves and protective clothing to prevent skin contact. Where eye contact is a potential hazard, goggles should be worn.
- Avoid temperatures above 80°C and strong oxidizing agents. Ambient temperatures and atmospheric pressures normally encountered within buildings or roofed-over outdoor storage areas are acceptable.
- Avoid entering areas where mists or vapours have built up as a result of abnormal temperatures or pressures without the proper breathing equipment and protective clothing.
|Product Code||Pack Size|