Sasol Engine Oil BN 15 40 is a low ash marine oil, specially developed for the lubrication of main and auxillary medium speed trunk-piston engines burning distillate fules with up to 1.5 % sulphur.
Sasol Engine Oil BN 15 40 is formulated from selected high quality paraffinic base oils and the latest additives.
Sasol Engine Oil BN 15 40 are intended for the lubrication of fishing vessels and passenger ships. They are also suitable for the lubrication of geared transmissions, variable pitch propellers, oil cooled stern tubes, used with medium speed engines.
Features and Benefits
Sasol Engine Oil BN 15 40 has the following features and benefits:
- good dispersant and detergents properties
- Excellent anti-wear capacity
- Prevents against sludge
- Gives less ash deposits on valve and piston rings and offers cleaner engines
|Flash Point (COC)||°C||240||D92||36|
|Density @ 20°C||kg/m3||0.893||D4052||365|
|Total Base Number||mg KOH/g||15||D2896||276|
Storage and Handling
- Use PVC, nitrile or other oil resistant gloves and protective clothing to prevent skin contact. Where eye contact is a potential hazard, goggles should be worn.
- Avoid temperatures above 80°C and strong oxidizing agents.
- Ambient temperatures and atmospheric pressures normally encountered within buildings or roofed-over outdoor storage areas are acceptable. Avoid entering areas where mists or vapours have built up as a result of abnormal temperatures or pressures without the proper breathing equipment and protective clothing.
|Product Code||Pack Size|