Sasol Locomotive Oil Gen 5 20W-40 is heavy-duty, zinc-free, high-dispersancy diesel engine oil approved by General Electric and General Motors for use in their locomotives.
Sasol Locomotive Oil Gen 5 20W-40 is also recommended for the lubrication of:
- Locomotive or railroad diesel engines
- Other diesel engines where silver-plated bearings are used
- Other highly-rated diesel engines for which this type of oil is recommended
- Detroit Diesel 2-Stroke engines
Features and Benefits
Extended drain periods are possible under strict oil monitoring control and fuel consumption savings of 1,5% to 3,0% (depending on operating conditions) have been achieved by the use of multigrade oil in comparison with monograde oils.
High Total Base values enables compatibility with different diesel of varying sulphur levels
- API CD, CF, CF-2
- GE Generation 4 long Life
- General Motors 1761-
- LMOA GEN 5
- GE Generation 4 Long Life
- Caterpillar 3601
|Apparent Viscosity||mPa.s @-10°C||4200||D5293|
|Density @ 20°C||kg/m3||891||D4052||365|
|Sulphated Ash||% m/m||1,5||D874||163|
|Total Base Number||mg KOH/g||13||D2896||276|
Storage and Handling
- Use PVC, nitrile or other oil resistant gloves and protective clothing to prevent skin contact Where eye contact is a potential hazard, goggles should be worn.
- Avoid temperatures above 80°C and strong oxidizing agents.
- Ambient temperatures and atmospheric pressures normally encountered within buildings or roofed-over outdoor storage areas are acceptable
- Avoid entering areas where mists or vapours have built up as a result of abnormal temperatures or pressures without the proper breathing equipment and protective clothing.
|Product Code||Pack Size|