Sasol Locomotive Oil Gen 4 20W-40 is a heavy-duty, zinc-free, high-dispersancy diesel engine oil approved by General Electric and General Motors for use in their locomotives.
Sasol Locomotive Oil Gen 4 20W-40 is also recommended for the lubrication of:
- Other diesel engines where silver-plated bearings are used
- Other highly-rated diesel engines for which this type of oil is recommended
Features and Benefits
Extended drain periods are possible under strict oil monitoring control and fuel consumption savings of 1,5% to 3,0% (depending on operating conditions) have been achieved by the use of multigrade oil in comparison with monograde oils.
- API CD
- General Electric GEK-61435C
- General Motors 1761-F
- LMOA GEN 4
|Apparent Viscosity||mPa.s @-10°C||4200||D5293|
|Density @ 20°C||kg/m3||891||D4052||365|
|Sulphated Ash||% m/m||1,5||D874||163|
|Total Base Number||mg KOH/g||13||D2896||276|
Storage and Handling
- Use PVC, nitrile or other oil resistant gloves and protective clothing to prevent skin contact Where eye contact is a potential hazard, goggles should be worn.
- Avoid temperatures above 80°C and strong oxidizing agents.
- Ambient temperatures and atmospheric pressures normally encountered within buildings or roofed-over outdoor storage areas are acceptabl
- Avoid entering areas where mists or vapours have built up as a result of abnormal temperatures or pressures without the proper breathing equipment and protective clothing.
|Product Code||Pack Size|