Sasol Engine Oil Synthetic M 5W-40 is a fully synthetic, API SM/CF, multigrade engine oil that has been evaluated and proved under the severest conditions imaginable. It is suitable for use in racing engines and other high performance engines.
Sasol Engine Oil Synthetic M 5W-40 is intended for all high performance, naturally aspirated and turbocharged engines, even under off-road rally and race track conditions. The enhanced detergency and dispersancy of Sasol Engine Oil Synthetic M 5W-40 enables it to remove pre-existing sludge and other deposits from engines that have operated on other oils. An early oil and filter change is therefore recommended for the initial fill when switching to this oil.
The superior lubricating properties of Sasol Engine Oil Synthetic M 5W-40 can retard the bedding-in of new components and it is not recommended for use during the running-in phase of new or rebuilt engines.
Features and Benefits
Sasol Engine Oil Synthetic M 5W-40 exceeds all existing passenger car engine oil requirements with enhanced features such as:
- Higher oxidation and temperature stability
- Longer drain interval capabilities
- Lower volatility which reduces oil consumption
- Better fuel consumption and reduced wear during warm-up
- Outstanding engine cleanliness due to improved high and low temperature dispersancy and detergency
- API SM/CF, SL/CF
- ACEA A3/B4-04
- BMW LL 01
- Porsche A40
- VW 502.00 / 503.01/505.00
- Mercedes Benz 229.3/229.5
|Apparent Viscosity||mPa.s @ -25°C||5600||383|
|Flash Point (COC)||°C||230||D92||36|
|Total Base Number||mg KOH/g||9.5||D2896||276|
|Density @ 20°C||kg/m3||860||D4052||365|
Storage and Handling
- Use PVC, nitrile or other oil resistant gloves and protective clothing to prevent skin contact. Where eye contact is a potential hazard, goggles should be worn.Avoid temperatures above 80°C and strong oxidizing agents.
- Ambient temperatures and atmospheric pressures normally encountered within buildings or roofed-over outdoor storage areas are acceptable
- Avoid entering areas where mists or vapours have built up as a result of abnormal temperatures or pressures without the proper breathing equipment and protective clothing.
|Product Code||Pack Size|