SASOL unleaded petrol grades are fully refined and contain all the additives necessary to ensure optimum performance under South African conditions.
To distinguish the various Sasol petrol grades from one another they are dyed to the following colours:
- Turbo unleaded (R93) Yellow
- Turbo unleaded (R95) Green
Sasol turbo unleaded petrol (R93) is intended for use in most spark-ignition internal combustion engines operating at altitude.
Sasol turbo unleaded petrol (R95) is intended for use in all spark-ignition internal combustion engines, including vehicles incorporating forced induction. It is recommended for use at sea level and only suggested for vehicles designed to use higher octane at altitude.
Features and Benefits
All Sasol turbo unleaded petrol grades comply with SANS 1598. and the Government legislation for metal free unleaded petrol, and offer the following benefits:
- Their formulations include additives to ensure oxidation stability and prevent formation of gummy deposits under normal storage conditions for limited periods.
- They contain additives which prevent carburettor, fuel injector and inlet valve deposits and remove pre-existing deposits where present.
- Their volatilities are adjusted to prevent the occurrence of vapour lock under climatic conditions.
- They conform to strict Sasol production and oil industry specifications.
REMARKS: The production technology of Sasol petrol products is based on the internationally known Sasol process. It is also supported by one of the most modern fuel research facilities in the world, situated in Sasolburg.
|Property||Units||Turbo (R93)||Turbo (R95)|
|Density @ 20°C||kg/m3||700 to 750||700 to 750|
|Initial Boiling Point||°C||35||35|
|Final Boiling Point||°C||215 max.||215 max.|
|Lead Content as Pb||g/λ||0,003 max.||0,003 max.|
|Research Octane Number||93 min.||93 min.|
|Sulphur Content||% m/m||0,05||0,05|
|Vapour Pressure @ 37,8°C||kPa||45 to 75||45 to 75|
|Alcohol Content||% v/v||< 2 %||< 2 %|
|Ether Content||% v/v||See note below||See note below|
|Fuel Volatility Index||84 to 89||93 to 100|