Sasol Diesel 50 is a highly refined, middle distillate, hydrocarbon fuel formulated for optimum performance in all diesel engines. It can be fully synthetic or a mixture of synthetic and specially processed crude oil components.
It is intended for use :
- In high-speed, compression-ignition diesel engines of all sizes and applications
- As an environmentally friendly diesel for sensitive applications, for example as a locomotive diesel fuel underground in mines
Features and Benefits
It complies with SABS 342 (low sulphur grade) and meets the requirements of the now outdated SABS 1754.
Sasol Diesel 50 offers the following benefits:
- Extended oil drains and service intervals due to ultra low sulphur content
- Less engine wear and longer life
- A high cetane number to minimise ignition delay and thus eliminate engine knock
- Cleaner combustion
- Ease of starting and rapid warm-up of cold engines
- Excellent lubrication of rotary and in-line diesel injector pumps due to addition of a special additive
- Excellent cold flow properties to prevent blockage of in-line filters due to wax crystallisation under low temperature conditions
The production technology of Sasol Diesel 50 is based on the internationally known Sasol process. It is also supported by one of the most modern fuel research facilities in the world, situated in Sasolburg.
|Density @ 20°C||kg/m3||820|
|90% Volume Recovery||°C||345|
|Flash Point (PMCC)||°C||58|
|Cold Filter Plugging Point:||°C||–7|
|Viscosity @ 40°C||mm2/s||2,3|
|Sulphur Content||% m/m||<0.005|