SASOL Open Gear C is a range of bitumastic based lubricants widely used in the industry for large range applications.
Open Gear C ranges are intended for:
- Open gears
- Sliding surfaces and sprockets
- Wire ropes
- Gearboxes of the traction motors
Features and Benefits
- Excellent lubricity and highly adhesive lubricant film properties
- Good oxidation stability
- Extended gear life, less down time and reduced maintenance and replacement cost
- Good load carrying capabilities
- Reduced wear under boundary lubrication conditions
|Property||Units||Open Gear C2||Open Gear C5||All ASTM||IP|
|Flash Point (COC)||°C||>280||>280||D92||36|
|Density @ 20°C||kg/m3||0.995||1.02||D4052||365|
Storage and Handling
- Use PVC, nitrile or other oil resistant gloves and protective clothing to prevent skin contact.
- Where eye contact is a potential hazard, goggles should be worn.
- Avoid temperatures above 80°C and strong oxidizing agents.
- Ambient temperatures and atmospheric pressures normally encountered within buildings or roofed-over outdoor storage areas are acceptable.
- Avoid entering areas where mists or vapours have built up as a result of abnormal temperatures or pressures without the proper breathing equipment and protective clothing.
|Grade||Product Code||Pack Size|