Sasol Light Distillate Oil is a low viscosity, mainly paraffinic process oil and is light brown in colour.
It is used mainly for producing emulsion for bulk explosives manufacturing.It can be used where low viscosity oil with a high flash point is required.It fulfills the following functions: extending products, improving lubricity to aid process material flow and release of moulds,repelling water, and as a diluent to ease handling.Typical applications are in emulsion dust suppressants, textile batching fluids, corrosion preventives, and in plastics and non-polar rubbers as an extender.
Features and Benefits
Sasol Light Distillate Oil is a co-product from the Sasol Synthol process.Owing to the light brown colour it can cause staining in sensitive applications. Potential users should conduct field trials before approving the use of LDO in their process.
|Viscosity @ 40°C||mm²/s||10||D445||71|
|Cold Filter Plugging Point||°C||+17||309|
|Flash Point (PMCC)||°C||100||D93|
|Density @ 20°C||kg/ℓ||0,87||D4052||365|
|Sulphur||% mass -||<0,01||D2622|
|Neutralisation Value||mg KOH/g||<0,02||D974||139|
|Carbon residue||% mass||0,08||D524||14|
|10 % vol||280|
|50 % vol||370|
|95 % vol||460|
Storage and Handling
- Use PVC, nitrile or other oil resistant gloves and protective clothing to prevent skin contact.
- Where eye contact is a potential hazard, goggles should be worn.
- Avoid temperatures exceeding 80°C.
- Avoid temperatures above 80°C and strong oxidizing agents.
- Ambient temperatures and atmospheric pressures normally encountered within buildings or roofed-over outdoor storage areas are acceptable.
- Avoid entering areas where mists or vapours have built up as a result of abnormal temperatures or pressures without the proper breathing equipment and protective clothing.
|Grades||Product Code||Pack Size|
|Light Distillate Oil||1L|