Sasol Slideway Oil 68 & 220 is specially developed oil for machine tools and slide ways.
Sasol Slideway Oil 68 & 220 intended for slides of machine tools such as lathes and grinders.
The product may also be used for gear lubrication systems in machine tools, and Slideway Oil 68 for hydraulic systems in machine tools. The characteristic of Slideway Oil 68 is especially useful in cases where all or some of these units are supplied from a centralised system.
Features and Benefits
Sasol Slideway Oil 68 & 220 have:
- Good extreme pressure properties
- Friction modifiers and oiliness additives to prevent stick/slip and minimise chatter
- Tackiness and anti-corrosive additives to promote adhesion to and protection of metal surfaces
Their excellent anti-corrosive properties and ability to adhere to metal surfaces enable them to be used as preservatives for stored equipment. They must, however, be used with discretion in sensitive equipment such as automatic transmissions where incomplete removal of the tackiness additive may cause problems.
- Cincinnati Milacron P-47
|Flash Point (COC)||°C||250||260||D92||36|
|Density @ 20°C||kg/m3||889||895||D4052||365|
|Neutralisation Value||mg KOH/g||1,5||1,5||D974||139|
Storage and Handling
- Use PVC, nitrile or other oil resistant gloves and protective clothing to prevent skin contact.
- Where eye contact is a potential hazard, goggles should be worn
- Avoid temperatures above 80°C and strong oxidizing agents.
- Ambient temperatures and atmospheric pressures normally encountered within buildings or roofed-over outdoor storage areas are acceptable.
- Avoid entering areas where mists or vapours have built up as a result of abnormal temperatures or pressures without the proper breathing equipment and protective clothing.
|Grade||Product Code||Pack Size|