Sasol Screw Compressor Oil Synthetic 46/68 is PAO-based compressor lubricant that was designed to provide long-term lubrication of both rotary-vane and oil-flooded screw compressors.
- Sasol Screw Compressor Oil Synthetic 46/68 is recommended for use in compressors such as:
- Oil flooded rotary screw compressors
- Oil flooded rotary vane compressors
- Reciprocating compressors
Nominal operating range for Sasol Screw Compressor Oil Synthetic 46/68 is -400C to 2050C.
Features and Benefits
- Fewer oil changes for reduced maintenance
- Compatible with compressor seals, gaskets, hoses, and air system components
- Resistance to oxidation with reduced compressor varnish and deposits
- Greatly reduces fire and explosion hazard
- Longer service life and greater protection of compressor components
- Lower oil consumption
- Tested and approved by Knorr-Bremse AG (Knorr Brake Corporation).
|Total Acid Number||mgKOH/g||0.05||D664|
|Flash Point (COC)||°C||260||D92||36|
|Demulsibility @ 54°C oil/water/emulsion (min)||ml||40/38/2(15)||D1401|
|Density @ 15°C||kg/m3||0.864||D4052||365|
|Evaporation, 22 hrs @ 210ºF||%||<1||D972|
|Copper Strip Corrosion 8 hrs @ 100 °C||rating||1A||D130|
|Four-Ball Wear, 1200 rpm, 75 0C, 40 kg, 1 hr, mm||0.6||D4172|
|Foaming Tendency, Sequence I, II, III||Nil||D892|
|Specific Gravity @ 15.60C||085||D1298|
Storage and Handling
- Use PVC, nitrile or other oil resistant gloves and protective clothing to prevent skin contact.
- Where eye contact is a potential hazard, goggles should be worn.
- Avoid temperatures exceeding 80°C.
- Avoid temperatures above 80°C and strong oxidizing agents.
- Ambient temperatures and atmospheric pressures normally encountered within buildings or roofed-over outdoor storage areas are acceptable.
- Avoid entering areas where mists or vapours have built up as a result of abnormal temperatures or pressures without the proper breathing equipment and protective clothing.
|Grades||Product Code||Pack Size||Grades|