Sasol Steam Cylinder C Oil 460 is a compounded blend of mineral oil and animal fat with good adhesion to metals and with excellent lubricating qualities under wet conditions.
It is intended for the lubrication of:
- Valves and cylinders of reciprocating piston steam engines operating under saturated steam conditions and at pressures which do NOT exceed 1,2 MPa.
- Cylinders of piston compressors under wet conditions.
- Industrial steel on bronze worm gearboxes.
- Automotive worm gear axles operating under API GL-2 service conditions.
Features and Benefits
Non-compounded straight mineral steam cylinder oils complying with CKS 90 (such as Sasol Elara 460) are preferred for superheated high temperature and high-pressure steam engines or where good separation from condensate is required.
- AGMA 250.04 (7 Comp)
- API GL-2
- SABS CKS 89
|Pour Point||0.85 o Brix / %|
|Recommended concentrations for use||6 – 10 %|
Storage and Handling
- Use PVC, nitrile or other oil resistant gloves and protective clothing to prevent skin contact.
- Where eye contact is a potential hazard, goggles should be worn.
- Avoid temperatures above 80°C and strong oxidizing agents.
- Ambient temperatures and atmospheric pressures normally encountered within buildings or roofed-over outdoor storage areas are acceptable.
- Avoid entering areas where mists or vapours have built up as a result of abnormal temperatures or pressures without the proper breathing equipment and protective clothing.
|Product Code||Pack Size|