Sasol Tractor Oil Multigrade 20W-40 is a heavy-duty, multi-functional lubricant incorporating anti-squawk additives and friction modifiers specially, but not exclusively, formulated for the agricultural sector.
Sasol Tractor Oil Multigrade 20W-40 is intended for:
- Naturally aspirated and turbocharged diesel and non-turbocharged petrol engines, including stationary engines
- Transmissions (with or without oil-wetted brakes), gearcases, axles and final drive reduction gears
- Tydraulic systems of tractors, harvesters and other agricultural equipment
- All equipment operating under the API service conditions quoted below
- Application as a preservative oil during the storage of any equipment for which it is recommended
Features and Benefits
Sasol Tractor Oil Multigrade 20W-40 is especially suitable for use by unskilled labour on farms and off-highway construction sites, where its multipurpose characteristics obviate the risks of misapplication of lubricants. This class of oil is commonly termed Super Tractor Oil Universal (STOU).
The enhanced detergency and dispersancy of Sasol Tractor Oil Multigrade 20W-40 enables it to remove pre-existing sludge and other deposits from engines that have operated on other oils. An early oil and filter change is therefore recommended for the initial fill when switching to this oil. The superior lubricating properties of Sasol Tractor Oil Multigrade 20W-40 can retard the bedding-in of new components and it is not recommended for use during the running-in phase of new or rebuilt engines.
- API SF, CF & GL-4
- Allison C-3 & C-4
- John Deere J27*
- Caterpillar TO-2
- Denison HF-0
- Ford M2C-159B (C3)
- ZF TE-ML-06
- Massey Ferguson CMS-M1139*
- SABS 400A & 1361
- Sperry Vickers I-286-S & M-2950-S
*Additive package used passed OEM tests.
|Apparent Viscosity||mPa.s @ -10°C||3900||D5293|
|Flash Point (COC)||°C||230||D92||36|
|Evaporative Loss (Noack)||% m/m||<9||CEC L-40-T-87 or DIN 51581|
|Density @ 20°C||kg/m3||890||D4052||365|
|Sulphated Ash||% m/m||1,5||D874||163|
|Total Base Number||mg KOH/g||10,6||D2896||276|
Storage and Handling
- Use PVC, nitrile or other oil resistant gloves and protective clothing to prevent skin contact.
- Where eye contact is a potential hazard, goggles should be worn.
- Avoid temperatures above 80°C and strong oxidizing agents.
- Ambient temperatures and atmospheric pressures normally encountered within buildings or roofed-over outdoor storage areas are acceptable.
- Avoid entering areas where mists or vapours have built up as a result of abnormal temperatures or pressures without the proper breathing equipment and protective clothing.
|Product Code||Pack Size|