Sasol ATF Type A Suffix A 46 is a foam and oxidation-resistant fluid having frictional characteristics suitable for automatic transmissions employing high lock-up pressures such as those normally encountered in hydrostatic systems, Automatic Transmission Oil, Grade 46 (SAE 80W).
Sasol ATF Type A Suffix A 46 is intended for the following components of many commercial vehicles and off-highway equipment:
- Heavy-duty transmissions
- Hydrostatic and hydrodynamic transmissions for farm, contractor and industrial equipment
- Type A Suffix A hydrodynamic fluids such as those recommended for Brockhouse and Twin Disc Powershift and torque converters.
Features and Benefits
This product may be used in older type automatic transmissions for which General Motors Type A Suffix A fluid is recommended but must NOT be used where GM Dexron® II fluid is specified. The product has excellent oxidation, rust and corrosion protection. It is formulated to prevent wear, stick-slip and chatter. Other benefits include good foam resistance and low pour point.
- Allison C-3 & C-4
- Ford M2C-41-B
- General Motors Type A Suffix A
- Mercedes-Benz 236.2
- Sasol S108
|Flash Point (COC)||°C||178||D92||36|
|Cu Corrosion (3h @ 100°C)||1b||D130||154|
|Rust Protection||Visual||Pass||D665 B||135 B|
|Density @ 20°C||kg/m3||878||D4052||365|
Storage and Handling
- Use PVC, nitrile or other oil resistant gloves and protective clothing to prevent skin contact. Where eye contact is a potential hazard, goggles should be worn.
- Avoid temperatures above 80°C and strong oxidizing agents.
- Ambient temperatures and atmospheric pressures normally encountered within buildings or roofed-over outdoor storage areas are acceptable.
- Avoid entering areas where mists or vapours have built up as a result of abnormal temperatures or pressures without the proper breathing equipment and protective clothing.
|Product Code||Pack Size|