Sasol Engine Oil Synthetic J4 5W-40 is a fully synthetic oil designed for lubrication of latest technology diesel engines with after-treatment devices for low emissions as well as older engines.
The superior synthetic base oil and the special additive package provide superior wear protection and soot control allowing extended drain intervals. It has the potential to provide better fuel economy.
Sasol Engine Oil Synthetic J4 5W-40 is intended for all naturally aspirated and turbocharged petrol and diesel engines operating under the API service conditions described below.
Sasol Engine Oil Synthetic J4 5W-40 can also be used as a gear lubricant for manual transmissions which do not require extreme pressure oils. The enhanced detergency and dispersancy of Engine Oil Synthetic J4 5W-40 enables it to remove pre-existing sludge and other deposits from engines that have operated on other oils. An early oil and filter change is therefore recommended for the initial fill when switching to this oil.
The superior lubricating properties of Engine Oil Synthetic J4 5W-40 can retard the bedding-in of new components and it is not recommended for use during the running-in phase of new or rebuilt engines.
The Sasol Engine Oil Synthetic J4 5W-40 engine oil is fully compatible with mineral, part-synthetic, semi-synthetic, synthetic and other conventional engine oils.
Features and Benefits
Sasol Engine Oil Synthetic J4 5W-40 has the following features and benefits:
- Excellent oxidation stability
- Enhanced high and low temperature dispersancy and detergency
- Outstanding anti-sludging properties
- Very good cold starting ability
- Good fuel saving properties
- Volvo VDS-4
- Renault RLD-3
- EO-O Prem Plus
- DDC 93K218
- API SM & CJ-4
- Cummins CES 20081
- CAT ECF-1a, ECF-2, ECF-3
|Flash Point (COC)||°C||236||D92||36|
|Evaporative Loss (Noack)||% m/m||CEC L-40-T-87 or DIN 51581|
|Density @ 20°C||kg/m3||0.85||D4052||365|
|Sulphated Ash||% m/m||1.0||D874||163|
|Total Base Number||mg KOH/g||8.5||D2896||276|
Storage and Handling
- Use PVC, nitrile or other oil resistant gloves and protective clothing to prevent skin contact. Where eye contact is a potential hazard, goggles should be worn.
- Avoid temperatures above 80°C and strong oxidizing agents. Ambient temperatures and atmospheric pressures normally encountered within buildings or roofed-over outdoor storage areas are acceptable.
- Avoid entering areas where mists or vapours have built up as a result of abnormal temperatures or pressures without the proper breathing equipment and protective clothing.
|Product Code||Pack Size|