Sasol Engine Oil Multigrade I4 15W-40 is a multigrade, zinc-fortified, heavy duty, internal combustion engine oil formulated from quality base stocks and additives.
Sasol Engine Oil Multigrade I4 15W-40 is intended for all naturally aspirated and turbocharged petrol and diesel engines operating under the API service conditions described below.
Sasol Engine Oil Multigrade I4 15W-40 can also be used as a gear lubricant for manual transmissions which do not require extreme pressure oils. The enhanced detergency and dispersancy of Sasol Engine Oil Multigrade I4 15W-40 enables it to remove pre-existing sludge and other deposits from engines that have operated on other oils. An early oil and filter change is therefore recommended for the initial fill when switching to this oil.
The superior lubricating properties of Sasol Engine Oil Multigrade I4 15W-40 can retard the bedding-in of new components and it is not recommended for use during the running-in phase of new or rebuilt engines.
Features and Benefits
Sasol Engine Oil Multigrade I4 15W-40 has the following features and benefits:
- Excellent oxidation stability
- Excellent soot handling
- Enhanced high and low temperature dispersancy and detergency
- Outstanding anti-sludging properties
- Very good cold starting ability
- Good fuel saving properties
- ACEA A3, B3, E3-96 & E5-02
- MAN 3275
- EO-M Plus
- Mercedes-Benz 228.3
- API SL & CI-4
- SABS 1842 & 1843
- Cummins CES 20077/78
- Volvo VDS-3
- MTU Type 2
- Caterpillar ECF-1
|Apparent Viscosity||mPa.s @ -15°C||3000||D5293|
|Flash Point (COC)||°C||220||D92||36|
|Evaporative Loss (Noack)||% m/m||12||CEC L-40-T-87 or DIN 51581|
|Density @ 20°C||kg/m3||883||D4052||365|
|Sulphated Ash||% m/m||1.3||D874||163|
|Total Base Number||mg KOH/g||11||D2896||276|
Storage and Handling
- Use PVC, nitrile or other oil resistant gloves and protective clothing to prevent skin contact. Where eye contact is a potential hazard, goggles should be worn.
- Avoid temperatures above 80°C and strong oxidizing agents. Ambient temperatures and atmospheric pressures normally encountered within buildings or roofed-over outdoor storage areas are acceptable.
- Avoid entering areas where mists or vapours have built up as a result of abnormal temperatures or pressures without the proper breathing equipment and protective clothing.
|Product Code||Pack Size|