Sasol Nickel Compound is a universal screw compound containing solid lubricants suitable for all kinds of bolted connections exposed to severely high temperatures and/or corrosive influences. It contains selected metal pigments and a solid lubricant combination Nickel compound helps achieve an optimal tightening torque and prevents
overstretching or insufficient pre-stressing of screws. At specific flank pressures soft metal films will form which effectively protect bolted connections – especially if high-alloy steels are used – from seizure and oxidation. Nickel paste protects mechanisms from fretting corrosion, will not form abrasive build-up, provides good sealing properties and has very good adhesion. Sasol Nickel Compound is lead free.
Sasol Nickel Compound is ideally suited to:
- Lubricate heavily loaded bolted, plugged or bajonet connections from stainless steel
- Prevent the seizure of screws and nuts in spindles or press-fits exposed to severely high temperatures such as in refineries
- Seal mechanisms such as valves, slides or metals seals used in the chemical industry and keep the movable
- Universal paste for steel mills, cement plants, shipbuilding, mining or agricultural equipment
Features and Benefits
Sasol Nickel Compound has the following features and benefits
- Service temperature -30oC up to 1450oC
- Prevents seizure and fretting corrosion
- Resistant to oxidation
- Contains solid lubricants
|Worked Penetration @ 25 °C||0.1 mm||310 - 330||D217||50|
|Drop Point||°C||Non Melt||D566||132|
|Water resistance||1 - 90||DIN 51807|
|Kin Viscosity @ 40oC||mm2/s||350||D445||71|
|Kin Viscosity @ 100oC||mm2/s||50||D445||71|
Storage and Handling
- Avoid elevated temperatures (exceeding 100°C) and contact with water and other fluids.
- Do not store in open or unlabelled containers.
- Store away from strong oxidising agents or combustible material.
|Product Code||Pack Size|